Wednesday, June 13, 2007

David Livingston Mugged!

CAPETOWN SOUTH AFRICA - David Livingston was mugged early this morning shortly after landing in Capetown International Airport (CIA) while traveling to his hotel off the north bay shore. Two muggers approached him with gravity knives when they reportedly identified him has an American tourist by his American Eagle cargo pants. Livingston gave up his wallet, including $100 USD, two credit cards, a Washington D.C. metro card, and the pair of American Eagle cargo pants. Physically unhurt, but emotionally damaged, Livingston reported the incident to the American embassy, and local authorities. An American official at the US Embassy Capetown, who asked not to be identified, said sarcastically of the incident "we are going to put the crime lab on this one." Livingston had reportedly been warned of the dangers of Capetown and that wearing American Eagle cargo pants would identify him as an American. At the time of writing Livingston was resting comfortably at his hotel in a new pair of capri pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another fascinating blog of the perils of bloggers who enjoy recreational travel. I have been assaulted right in my very own country, while blogging no less. I was working on my latest blog entry on my new and upcoming blog, "Blogs and the joys of outdoor blogging". I was sitting outside of a local Starbucks typing merrily, letting my creative juices flow, when two young rapscalions assaulted me stealing my new Macbook Pro with optional keyboard light. Worse still, they proceeded to taunt me about having a pony tail and wearing a turtleneck. But I digress...Keep sharing your insights Rad Radicall, and to David Livingston: Godspeed!

Cordially,
Cinco Alabachi